Monday, September 08, 2014

Flipkart :: Is this the beginning of their fall?

I am very active into e-shopping. I buy regularly from Flipkart, Amazon, Snap Deal, Shop Clues, FirstCry and others. Among the Indian e-commerce I used to swear by Flipkart. Personally I used to buy from Flipkart from 2012 and have introduced the site to lot of friends, relatives. Things changed when I made a purchase last week.

I am a Flipkart first account holder, which means by default all my purchase will be In a day. Last Saturday when I added the items to cart, it showed delivery next day. Being confident with Flipkart I made the payment, and voila, after the payment was processed Flipkart screen said delivery within one week, and that too not via Flipkart but through Delhivery Courier Service. Confused, I called up Flipkart customer care, the guy replied Sir, no next day delivery in your area, and he said he wont be able to help.

My point is what happened to Flipkart? I knew them as an honest e-commerce company, it seems they have lost it. At least for me, I will think before shopping with them.

Update: I have again purchased few products on Flipkart, and this time I mentioned COD. The product was delivered by Ekart and within 24 hrs. So, conclusion, if you purchase on Flipkart ensure the product is sold by WSRetail and ask for COD. You will get the product faster.


No comments: